I don't know why we're like this. But I just know that when we were growing up, my parents would always make a funny remark in every situation in our life.
My dad like making simple pranks to us and my mother would just simply tell us a joke she read from somewhere. Inevitably, laughter has become a daily part of our lives.
Encouraging your child to have a sense of humor is very important. Humor can help extend your child's self-esteem by helping him cope with failures and mistakes in life. It is also a very good tool in making friends and keeping them. Naturally, playmates around him will respond much better to laughter than to negativity. In addition, laughter stimulates good chemicals in our body that can help make your child a healthier person.
As parents and guardians, it is very vital that we model this trait to our kids. We can do this by doing these simple steps.
- Laugh every day and laugh at yourself.
- When you make a mistake, look for the humor in the situation.
- Go out of your way to make silly pranks to your kids.
- Try looking for nice jokes that you can share to your kid every now and then.
- Try watching his favorite TV shows with him and laugh with him.