Sunday, December 30

Puppy Love...




Kiko, my 6-year-old nephew, wrote this letter for his pet dogs, Marlyn and May.

Marlyn was Kiko's first and most beloved pet dog. She was given to my nephew when she was only a little puppy and they kinda grew together. Unfortunately, we needed to give Marlyn away because Marlyn was suffering from postpartum depression and she was really getting mentally unstable for Kiko to take care.

May, on the other hand, was supposed to replace Marlyn, but we needed to give her back to her owners because she was too young to be away from her parents. Her crying kept Kiko awake in the wee hours of night so Kiko goes to school yawning.

This letter broke my heart into pieces. I asked my sister if I could buy Kiko a new dog. But she refuses. I guess she's right. Kiko should learn to deal with the realities in life even at a young age. We adults tend to cushion our kids from the pains in life thinking that this is our primary purpose in their lives. But in reality, we are just mere guardians that guides through all the experiences that comes their way...be it good or bad.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: